Kerala Scholars eGroup invites you to a Webtalk on ‘Applying for a PhD in the Social Sciences’.
Date: 22 June 2019, Saturday
Time: 1900 – 2000 hrs (Delhi). Starts 0930 (New York), 1430 (London).
Open to all. Free. No pre-registration (but limited to the first 90 guests).
About the Webtalk
Topic: Applying for a PhD in the Social Sciences
- Veena Mani, PhD (2018), Anthropology and Cultural Studies, IIT Madras
- Sudheesh R.C., DPhil Student, International Development, University of Oxford (UK)
- Preethi Krishnan, PhD (2019), Sociology, Purdue University (US)
- Shilpa Menon, PhD Student, Anthropology, University of Illinois at Chicago (US)
Every year, several students interested in researching Kerala apply for a PhD in the social sciences. Many go about it, however, without adequate information, guidance, or perspective.
The four panelists will share their experience, knowledge, and understanding of how to apply for a PhD, including,
- Where to apply – India or abroad?
- How to send applications to the US and the UK;
- Opportunities for research funding; and – Drafting your statement of purpose and research proposal.
Got specific questions on ‘Applying for a PhD’?
Submit your queries in advance via this Google Form. The speakers will cover your specific questions in their talk.
You can ask queries also in the live Q & A during the event.
How to participate
For more information: egroup.keralascholars.org/events/applyphd2019/
Please help KSeG spread the word
On Facebook: Share our event webpage egroup.keralascholars.org/events/applyphd2019/
On Whatsapp/Telegram: Please download and share this image egroup.keralascholars.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/apss2019v2.png
Via e-mail: Please forward this message to friends and groups.
Contact for details/support:
Ashok R. Chandran
Reposted from Kerala Scholars eGroup